BRANDED CONTENT DIRECTOR – FRANKIE PRESS
Maternity leave position – 12 months
Are you an ideas machine with boss-level skills in editing, writing and project management, plus a stack of digital and social media experience? Do you love fusing creative executions with commercial outcomes, and working in a small and happy team to make awesome stuff happen? Do you reckon you’ve got an excellent understanding of Smith Journal and frankie (in print and digital), plus all frankie brand extensions: SPACES, cookbooks, craft books and more?
We’re looking for a super-talented someone to join the frankie press team as branded content director, overseeing sponsored content across all our channels, from brainstorming ideas to commissioning, editing, scheduling and budgeting. The role is based in South Melbourne, working alongside our ad team – plus marketing, design and editorial – to make beautiful, relatable, funny and informative content our audiences will love.
In this role you will be responsible for things like:
- Ideation and execution of creative, engaging and effective branded content across all channels (to budget, and to deadline!)
- Driving proactive campaigns to grow frankie press’ branded content offerings, with an eagle eye on developing digital and social offerings
- Understanding all frankie and Smith Journal verticals and creating content that genuinely excites our audiences
- Collaborating with the advertising sales teams to maximise revenue across all channels
- Working with the marketing and ad team to create winning proposals (preparing props, taking meetings, helping with presentations)
- Identifying freelance talent to work with on content, briefing contributors, editing their work and prepping for production
Before applying, please check that you can tick off the following:
You have five+ years prior experience in editing/content creation
- You understand frankie press intrinsically
- You understand the role content can play in delivering commercial objectives
- You have a proven track record in project management, running teams either in-house or freelance
- You have an abundance of original, relevant, unique ideas – and the ability to make a good idea great
- You can analyse commercial needs and come up with frankie press-appropriate solutions across all platforms
- You have exceptional writing skills
- You have great sub-editing and proofreading experience
- You understand the impact of print media
- You understand the capabilities of digital platforms and social media
- You possess top-notch organisational and people skills
- You work well in a small team and love collaborating
Only applicants who satisfy all of the above criteria will be considered.
This is a 12-month maternity leave position, ideally commencing early June.
While this is a full-time role, we’re happy to be flexible for the right candidate.
Applications close Sunday, April 28.
To apply, you will need:
1. To download and complete the application form, found here
2. A brief CV (preferably with written references if available)
3. Three samples of writing/branded content ideally relevant to frankie press (no more than 2MB please)
Email the application form with your CV and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘branded content director’ in the subject line.
Only Australian permanent residents will be considered for the role.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within a week of the cut-off date and any updates on the recruitment process will be posted on our website at www.frankie.com.au/jobs when they become available.