Marketing Manager - frankie press
Update Posted: 17 May 2013
We are no longer accepting applications for this role. Thanks to everyone who has applied. We are still in the process of reviewing and shortlisting applicants. We will post another update when this process is complete.
National Advertising Manager - frankie press
Posted: 18 April, 2013
We are seeking an experienced professional who, like our magazines and staff, is 'at-the-top-of-their-game'. We want someone who is easily likeable, a pleasure to work with and can build amazing rapport with their team and clients alike. A proven ability to consistently deliver on sales targets goes without saying.
In this role, you will inherit a client base, territory and budgets selling on frankie magazine (2012 Australian Magazine of the Year) and also be responsible for team management. An understanding of the frankie (and Smith Journal) brands and market position is definitely an advantage and will put you in a good position for this role.
Skills and experience required:
- Prior print and/or online media sales to agency and direct clients (7+ years)
- Team management
- Exceptional account and relationship management
- Excellent comprehension, presentation and selling skills
- Good admin and process management
- Effective solution finding and creativity
- A big fat book of contacts and solid relationships
- Budget setting, revenue and expense management
- Brand management awareness
- Excel, Word, Powerpoint
This is a full-time position*, (with regular hours being M-F, 9-5) based in the Gold Coast office. Start date is no later than, 12 June 2013 to allow for full handover. Salary will be based on experience and suitability to role.
We proudly offer a work environment proudly free of bureaucratic red tape, office politics and over-inflated egos. Instead you'll get to work with fun and inspiring overachievers on progressive and market leading titles.
To apply, please:
Download and complete the application form, found here.
Applications are open until COB Monday, 6 May, 2013.
*Please note, this position is to cover for maternity leave but with planned business growth there is strong future potential beyond that.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within two weeks of the cut off date and any updates on the recruitment process will be posted on our website at www.frankie.com.au/jobs or www.smithjournal.com.au/jobs when they become available.
Senior Designer - frankie press
Posted: 18 April 2013
We’re looking for someone super special to join the team here at frankie press.
In this newly created role, within the design team, you will work under the direction of the Creative Director, but will largely lead projects and manage work autonomously. There’ll be close and regular interaction with the editorial, marketing, advertising and production.
The role requires you to be able to confidently and highly competently immerse yourself in whatever needs doing, and will include work like:
- Creative solutions for advertising clients (campaigns and concepts)
- Projects and small team management
- Design of internal communications (eg. marketing, media kits, POS) and constructive input into the desired outcome of such
- Briefing and managing talent (photographers, copy writers etc)
- Editorial layout design (magazine, books and other projects)
- Possible digital/web jobs required
- Contributing to ideas and troubleshooting for the titles
- Prior experience and proven success in the above areas is essential.
Traits you must possess:
- Commercially savvy
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Resourceful and creative troubleshooting
- Professional maturity
…and most importantly be a nice, down to earth and fun person to work alongside
Technical skills and experience:
Highly competent with the Adobe Creative Suite (superior InDesign, and Advanced Photoshop and Illustrator are a must).
Experience in digital applications is beneficial but not essential.
A minimum of 5+ years studio or publishing house experience
Based on skills, experience and fit to role.
This is a permanent full-time position (with regular hours being M-F, 9-5) based in the Gold Coast office. Start date is ASAP.
Only applicants who satisfy the above criteria can be considered.
Here's what you need to do to apply:
- Download and complete the application form, found here.
- Include a brief CV - max two pages.
- Include an edited folio of work that specifically shows examples of: advertising & client solution work and editorial layout (include 1 x best logo design and illustration skills if applicable).
- Create a mood board to show your interpretation of each title - one for Smith Journal and one for frankie (please do not re-use images from the magazines).
Applications are open until COB Thursday 2 May, 2013.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within two weeks of the cut off date and any updates on the recruitment process will be posted on our website at www.smithjournal.com.au/jobs when they become available.