PRODUCTION + OFFICE ASSISTANT - MELBOURNE
Posted: January 2018
If you love keeping things (and people) organised and RGB, CMYK, dpi, gif and impressions are familiar to you then we might just have the dream role for your perfectionist ways.
A rare opportunity exists for an extraordinarily special person, with Photoshop and InDesign skills to join the team at frankie press as Production + Office Assistant.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this is a multi-faceted role with a variety of responsibilities.
The role is predominately across print, digital and administration. At times you will be helping out at events and providing support in whatever capacity is required to help things run smoothly. We are offering you the opportunity to learn all aspects of this creative media business.
The tasks you’ll need to nail include:
- Liaising with clients for print and digital advertisements
- Assisting with pre-press and getting our mags to print on time
- Digital ad trafficking and ensuring they’re loaded onto our sites
- Creating/designing client digital advertisements
- Undertaking the admin duties for video production
- Using Indesign/Photoshop to prepare/resize blog and social media images
- Organising all outgoing mail, including sending out giveaway prizes
- Making sure we never run out of stationery, kitchen supplies and generally
keeping the office tidy and organised
The role would best suit:
Someone who’s as happy with admin/office duties as they are working in a support role
to ensure the smooth operation of the business – and can be great at both.
Skills and traits you must possess:
- Between 2 and 3 years full-time industry experience (preferably in the
- InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Office experience (the more the better)
- Digi savvy, experience monitoring page impressions
- Super organised, list maker with slight perfectionist tendencies
- Brilliant multi-tasker
- An impeccable eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with CMS and Digital ad serving systems (advantageous but not a necessity)
…and most importantly, be a nice, down to earth person to work alongside.
We offer a lovely working environment with a talented, creative and friendly team. This is a permanent full-time position based in South Melbourne.
Here’s what you need to do to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form, found here
2. Include a brief CV – max 2 pages
3. Email the above as attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put ‘Production + Office Assistant’ in the subject line and keep
total email size under 10MB (or provide hyperlinks)
Applications close: Sunday, 28 January, 2018
If you are an aspiring writer or editor, this isn’t the job for you.
Only residents who are Australian citizens or permanent residents will be considered for this role.
Updates about this position will be posted here when they become available.