Here’s a historical curio for you: the first book published in Australia was a list of orders issued in the Colony of NSW in 1802. The book was, by all accounts, a fairly dry read. The industry has come a long way since then. Take Hardie Grant: the independent Aussie publisher has only been in the game for 20 years, but every title they’ve put out has been monumentally more readable than the country’s first.
As they’re generous sorts, they’re offering up a bundle of books for one lucky Smith reader to read. What books, you ask? These books:
- Art of the Bar Cart: Styling & Recipes
- 110 Best Australian Albums
- Atlas Obscura: An Explorer's Guide to the World's Most Unusual Places
- Surfing Australia: A Complete History of Surfboard Riding in Australia
- Igni: A Restaurant's First Year
- Finding Fire: Cooking at Its Most Elemental
- Homecamp: Stories and Inspiration for the Modern Adventurer
- Made to Last: A Compendium of Artisans, Trades & Projects
To get your hands on this small library’s worth of titles (or at least go into the draw to win them), sling us your details using this online form.